3 October 2014

Alex Russell Flint's Painterly Bathroom


The first project from Painter in Residence, Alex Russell Flint, is this gorgeous bathroom painted in my paint, Chalk Paint®.


Alex has updated his 19th century zinc bath tub using a mixture of Aubusson Blue, Antibes Green and Burgundy. He then finished the bath tub with Annie Sloan Clear Wax and a coat of Annie Sloan Dark Wax to deepen the intensity of the colour.

The lampshade in the room has also been painted with very diluted Chalk Paint® in Burgundy; the side table has been painted in Primer Red and then finished with Clear Wax. I feel the colours used really tie the gorgeous rich textures and tones of the room together. Alex's walls really set off the luscious reds in the room – to achieve a look like this you can use Duck Egg Blue and Clear Wax.

Have you used Chalk Paint® on a bath tub?



Yours, Annie


Follow this blog for exclusive pics from Alex's residency and follow him on InstagramFacebook, and his website:http://www.alexrussellflint.com

And remember to follow #PaintersInResidence on Instagram and Facebook, as well as my Painters in Residence board on Pinterest.

13 comments:

  1. Is the grey wainscotting on the wall also painted in chalk paint and waxed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the post it was stated that it was Duck Egg Blue followed by clear wax!

      Delete
  2. Wow! It is totally a different kind of bathroom design. I like to have such kind of inspirational bathroom design. Painting is also important for every bathroom. I am thinking about my bathroom renovation and for that I am looking for best Sydney bathroom renovations ideas. I am sure I am gonna consider yours one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I was a young child, I am now 61, the walls in our house had a lovely chalky cool feel when you lay your cheek on them. To try to emulate this feeling I had walls in one of my rooms carefully plastered. When this was dry I made my own waxy substance using beeswax and the black soap used on tadalakt surfaces. This worked but was hard work polishing it all out. Can you advise how to get that old fashioned effect that remains so cool and smooth? Thank you for your time and interest in my question. I live in The Netherlands and have easy acces to beeswax because I am a biodynamic bee keeper

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the design and the colouring of the bathroom. Really a nice attempt and it grabs attention.Thanks for the blog keep updating more like this.Sharing something for all about bathrooms as there are many innovative small bathroom makeovers sites with which we makeover our bathroom with creative bathroom ideas and bathroom design and get your bathroom looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Could you please provide more detail about how to create the bathtub color? For example, what are the proportions of the different colors?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks fellow your posts are really very good for me since it make good sense for me.
    Bathroom Remodeling

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a very interesting look. Chalk pain sounds very cool. I have tried the chalkboard spray paint. We have it in our garage. It is so convenient to leave notes for people and just have fun and draw. The kids really loved it too. They are a bit older now but it is still being used by the family.

    Essie Reed @ Valley Home Improvement

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Annie. I love what you have done with this room. The colour combinations are absolutely fantastic. It looks like the sort of room I'd want to live in - you know once my acting career takes off! The retro bath tub is amazing and goes so well with the blue on the wall. Good job.

    Wilfred Andrews @ LB Plumbing and Heating

    ReplyDelete
  10. Alex Russell Flint's Painterly Bathroom is absolutely stunning! The vibrant colors and bold brushstrokes bring life and energy to the space. It's truly a work of art.Green Z Modeling

    ReplyDelete