26 January 2015

Beau Ford's Drip Painted Linen Chest



Happy Australia Day to everybody celebrating!

My gift to you is this next project from my Painter in Residence, Beau Ford, who lives and works in South-West Australia. Beau was inspired by drip painting, often used by abstract artists such as Jackson Pollock, and has completely transformed this linen chest using this technique with Chalk Paint®!

The linen chest started life as an orange-toned, shiny piece of furniture and looked outdated in the modern home. Beau painted the chest in Provence to create a base colour, and then mixed Greek Blue, Antibes and Olive with varying amounts of water. Beau painted these colours on to the side of the chest and allowed the paint to drip down the surface. Once the paint had dried Beau applied my Soft Clear Wax to protect the surface.

What do you think? Would you ever try a similar technique using Chalk Paint®?


Yours, Annie


Follow this blog for the last project from Beau's residency and follow her on InstagramFacebook, and her blog: http://drip-designsfurniture.blogspot.com.au

And remember to follow #PaintersInResidence on Instagram and Facebook, as well as my Painters in Residence board on Pinterest.



10 comments:

  1. This is so unique. I would love to try this. Such beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very courageous and original transformation. I love it !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, a really individual piece of work but the result is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh love it such an inspiration piece!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh love it such an inspiration piece!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love this look and I would love to try this, but I have never refinished a piece of furniture, even though I have several pieces I'm wanting to refinish. I just don't know where to start and I'm so worried about messing it up. So do u suggest that a person practice on something before doing a project or is it best to just jump in and go for it? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice !!!!
    The Great Informative Content. Thanks for Sharing Information.We are unique in the kitchen installation industry in that we manufacture our own doors and carcasses using old school woodworking techniques combined with modern technology.
    kitchen cupboards pretoria

    ReplyDelete