14 April 2015

Abigail & Ryan Bell's Floral Coral Chest of Drawers




For their second project as Painters in Residence, Abigail and Ryan Bell (of Abigail*Ryan) experimented with mixing my colours to create this bright – almost neon – coral pink.

Abigail and Ryan had a very specific colour in mind for this little chest of drawers – something retro and vibrant to match the clean lines of the piece. To find the colour that sang for them, they began mixing colours from the Chalk Paint® palette; Scandinavian Pink, Emperor's Silk, Barcelona Orange, a little English Yellow and Pure... and voilà! (Mixing colour with Pure as opposed to Old White will create a very clean, bright colour. Mixing colour with Old White creates a softer hue.)

As Abigail and Ryan were looking for a smooth, modern finish, they used my Flat Brush to apply the paint. The pair applied my Soft Clear Wax to protect and finish the piece, and then styled it with a vibrant floral arrangement bursting from the drawers. The perfect stand-out Spring piece.

Have you ever used Chalk Paint® to create a decorative display for your home or garden?


Yours, Annie


Follow this blog for exclusive pictures from Abigail and Ryan's residency and follow them on InstagramFacebook, and her website: www.abigailryan.com

And remember to follow #PaintersInResidence on Instagram and Facebook, as well as my Painters in Residence board on Pinterest.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful and very striking - love the idea of planting (planter inserts) flowers - too lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous- Annie is the masteress! and a little bit of distressing goes along way when in search of the chic but not too shabby-now I'm holidaying in my haunt down in the wilds of France (rubbing down if you know what I mean) I get it here www.anglodepot.com lovelies it's super they drop it straight to my door!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous- Annie is the masteress! and a little bit of distressing goes along way when in search of the chic but not too shabby-now I'm holidaying in my haunt down in the wilds of France (rubbing down if you know what I mean) I get it here www.anglodepot.com lovelies it's super they drop it straight to my door!

    ReplyDelete