4 January 2017

Quick and Easy Step by Step with my Mini Project Pack!




This little side table is one of a pair that I'd recently acquired. Pieces like these are easy to come across and many people will already have something similar in their homes. They're often finished in that orangey pine that people have fallen out of love with which makes them the perfect candidate for a new year makeover using just a little of my paint, Chalk Paint!

And when I say a little paint, I really mean it -  it took just a couple of my small project pots to do the whole piece! If you were lucky enough to receive one of my Mini Project Packs over the holiday season and are looking for inspiration of how to use it, I hope this helps.

At this time of year, the colours that I start to use in my work are rich, earthy, warm and full of depth. They comfort me and give me that little injection of earthy nature that I so long for in the dark winter months. Which is why I've chosen to use Amsterdam Green and Aubusson Blue on this piece - two colours that work beautifully especially with the injection of Black Chalk Paint Wax which really brings out those deep jewel tones whilst highlighting the texture of the paintwork.

Or course you don't have to use these colours, and with my Mini Project Pack you choose the colours to suit your taste.



For this makeover you will need:
  • Small Project Pot in Amsterdam Green 
  • Small Project Pot in Aubusson Blue
  • Mini Clear Chalk Paint Wax 
  • Mini Black Chalk Paint Wax 
  • Pure Bristle Brushes
  • Wax Brushes
  • Lint Free Cloths 
1. Start by removing the drawers from the shell of the piece and paint the front of the drawers in Aubusson Blue using a Pure Bristle Brush. Apply the paint thickly, moving the brush in all different directions to create that gorgeous texture that my Coloured Waxes thrive on. 

2. Paint the shell of the piece in Amsterdam Green - again applying the paint thickly, moving the brush in all different directions.

3. Once the paint is completely dry apply Clear Chalk Paint Wax. Make sure you work the wax in to the surface and wipe away any excess with a lint free cloth. Using one of my Wax Brushes makes it really easy to get the wax in to all that gorgeous brushwork.

Annie Sloan Wax Brush
to
apply Clear Wax
to
the
painted surfaces. Wax Brushes aren
t included
in
the Mini Project Pack
but
are a brilliant
investment
and
make waxing so simple, b
ut
if
you
don
t have a Wax Brush a lint-free cloth
works well too. Work the Wax
in
to
the surface
and
wipe away
any
ex
cess.
Annie Sloan Wax Brush
to
apply Clear Wax
to
the
painted surfaces. Wax Brushes aren
t included
in
the Mini Project Pack
but
are a brilliant
investment
and
make waxing so simple, b
ut
if
you
don
t have a Wax Brush a lint-free cloth
works well too. Work the Wax
in
to
the surface
and
wipe away
any
ex
cess.
4. While the Clear Wax is still wet, begin to apply Black Chalk Paint Wax. Work the Black Wax in to the surface - pushing it in to the crevices in the paint and surface, and then, use Clear Wax to gently wipe away any excess of Black Wax. If you apply too much Black Wax, don't worry, the Clear Wax acts like an erase and can remove the Black Wax. 

And there you have it! I'd love to see how you've used your Mini Project Pack so please tag me on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @anniesloanhome!

Yours, 

Annie 
  

2 comments:

  1. Good post, this is really easy and quick way. Going to share it with my circle of friends, thanks for sharing it with us and keep posting such useful posts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked at the table twice because I thought it is a painting. You have done a marvelous job and the color combo is wonderful

    ReplyDelete