7 July 2015

Agnieszka Krawczyk's Blue Sea Trunk


For Agnieszka Krawczyk's fourth Painters in Residence project she used my paint, Chalk Paint®, and her signature layering technique on this old wooden sea trunk.

Agnieszka used one of my Pure Bristle brushes to paint thick, textured layers of Provence, Duck Egg Blue, Greek Blue, Old White and Pure on the outside of the chest. She applied some of the colours directly from the tin, and mixed others together to create lighter shades. Then she used a scraper, putty knife and sandpaper to chip and scrape away at the painted surface. Agnieska always distresses her paint work manually, and never uses an electric sander – this gives her a lot more control and creates a less uniform finish.

Agnieszka painted the inside of the chest in Provence, and then finished the piece by applying my Clear Soft Wax to protect the finish.

What do you think? Have you ever used my paint to update a wooden trunk like this?


Yours, Annie

Follow this blog for exclusive pictures from Agnieszka's residency and follow her on InstagramFacebook, and her website: www.beforeandafterblog.pl 

And remember to follow #PaintersInResidence on Instagram and Facebook, as well as my Painters in Residence board on Pinterest.

4 comments:

  1. This is really beautiful. She has mastered the art of creating an authentic-looking patina. Even the hardware looks right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me : she is the best! All of her recent project it's inspiration for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like her technique on this and the dresser. She uses far more colors than I would think to use or would probably use on my own but it really works well. It reminds me of Swedish antiques with hand-scraped and alligatored finishes. It looks more naturally old than so many of the sanded/distressed pieces one sees around where the sanded areas bear no relationship to where natural wear would have occurred. I usually don't like distressed finishes because so many are badly done, but I really, really like this.

    ReplyDelete