7 April 2016

Introducing my new Coloured Linens!



This is a very special week for me because I’m finally able to tell you all about my latest launch; a brand new collection of Coloured Linens, inspired by colours from the  Chalk Paint® range – how exciting!

This is a project which I’ve been working on for the past few months, and I hope you’ll be as thrilled with it as I am. I wanted to find a way to ‘mix’ colour from the Chalk Paint palette within the weft and warp of the fabric to create some new, exciting combinations which are quite unlike anything else I’ve seen. It’s what I love to do with my paint – mix it up and make something totally different. I’m delighted with the colours I’ve achieved here. Not only are they true matches to my paint palette, but the combinations I’ve chosen here cover all styles – from vibrant, bold and unexpected, to subtle, soft and neutral. They can either be the talking point of a room, or the quiet background to other pieces.

It’s taken some time, but I’m really, really happy with the finished fabrics, a linen/cotton mix, tumbled to make them super-soft, and strong enough for all types of upholstery as well as curtains, covers - even clothes!

The great thing about combining colours when creating fabric is that, not only can you create a unique single colour, but you can be clever and create a frayed edge ‘fringe’ by very carefully unravelling a little of the weft (which runs across the width), to reveal the warp colour (which runs across the length) underneath. Do play around with them, I’ve been experimenting, not only with fringes but also covering buttons (a look I really adore!) and adding piping to bring out either the complementary or, to be a bit more bold, the contrasting colours.




The combinations I’ve used are Aubusson and Provence, Louis Blue and Graphite, French Linen and Old White, Scandinavian Pink and Provence, Emperor’s Silk and Florence, Coco and Duck Egg Blue, English Yellow and Antibes Green, Napoleonic Blue and Barcelona Orange, Emile and Graphite and Old White and Violet. In some cases, they’ve complemented each other to create a new colour, in others they each remain true and contrast with each other in the finished fabric – it’s a fabulous effect, which I hope you’re going to love as much as I do. And, I’ve been really conscious all the way through the design process to create something that will work just as well in a Neoclassical look as it will in an industrial, Warehouse setting or Modern Retro, or Bohemian, or Traditional Swedish, Coastal…you get the idea!


I can’t wait to hear what you think of them and see how you use them in your own homes! Please, as ever, share your pictures on my Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter, and tag me on your Instagram.



1 comment: