11 June 2018

My latest Painter in Residence: Jeanie Simpson!

Keeping secrets has never been one of my gifts so I'm delighted that my team have given me the go-ahead to reveal my NEW Painter In Residence.

Ladies and gentleman, please meet the talented Jeanie Simpson!


Jeanie Simpson lives on the opposite side of the world to me, on a hill country sheep farm in a small region of New Zealand. I discovered her work one evening on Instagram when I was browsing the #AnnieSloan #ChalkPaint hashtags. Just goes to show the value of publicising your creations!

With two small children and a little extra spare time, Jeanie picked up a paintbrush and began up-cycling furniture and homeware. She has always had a strong interest in art and design - something that she draws on heavily for inspiration in her pieces. All the work I have seen from her has been meticulously researched, which the History of Art and design nerd in me absolutely loves.

Jeanie is also passionate about re-using tired, unloved furniture from the past because of the better quality workmanship and materials, and the sense of history not seen in modern pieces. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle is such an important message and with these projects to inspire you – why wouldn't you?


Above is an example of the work you can expect to see from Jeanie! I challenge you to have a browse and not feel excited for what she comes up with throughout her residency.

Yours,

Annie.

1 comment:

  1. Jeanie Simpson as your latest Painter in Residence? 🎨🏡 That's a stroke of genius! Can't wait to see the masterpieces she'll create in your space. 🖌️🌟
    For digital marketing company in noida Visit:- https://www.artattackk.com/

    ReplyDelete